WORKOUT OF THE DAY
The WOD is a regularly offered class that provides a true CrossFit experience. Each class is about an hour in length. In that hour athletes participate in a Pre-WOD warm-up, strength and skill-work, and a metabolic conditioning workout (Met-Con). The class is structured to make the most out of that one hour with appropriate challenges based on your ability. Each of our coaches tailor and modify the WOD to each individual athlete and are very involved with ensuring each individual has an experience that is educational and provides an optimal workout.
With progression athletes will notice increased improvement across all of CrossFit’s ten (10) general skills for optimal physical fitness: Cardio-respiratory Endurance, Strength, Stamina, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Agility, Balance, Coordination, and Accuracy.
We offer 30 classes a week starting as early as 5am and late as 6:30pm.
Strength is defined by Merriam-Websters online dictionary as:
1. The quality or state of being physically strong,
2. The ability to resist being moved or broken by a force
3. The quality that allows someone to deal with problems in a determined and effective way.
Our strength classes yield all of the aforementioned definitions. We want to increase your strength, both physically and mentally.
"STRONG PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KILL THAN WEAK PEOPLE AND MORE USEFUL IN GENERAL."
– MARK RIPPETOE
NEVER LIFTED BEFORE? NO PROBLEM! WE’LL TEACH YOU.
Our primary lifts will consist of Back Squat, Deadlift, and Bench Press.
You should attend this class if you are:
- Lacking in the primary lifts listed above
- Want your personal best maximums to increase
- Want to increase your time under the barbell and become more efficient with lifts
- Want to learn the accessory exercises that will enhance your lifts
Do you have skills you want to practice or your own WOD you'd like to try? Our Open Gym gives you the opportunity to work on the things you do not have time to do in our regular WOD. A coach is present during open gym to ensure safety but this is un-instructed time. If you need coaching, the WOD and Strength 101 are the perfect fit.